A presentation by Gunpreet Oberoi, Postdoc at Medical University of Vienna, Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering.
Dr. Gunpreet Oberoi, is a dental implantologist by education. Her research focuses on medical image segmentation, medical model design and development, and 3D microtissue construction in the field of dental regeneration and is active in research on cleft palate treatment.
About Medical University of Vienna, Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering
Our vision is to make a difference in healthcare by translating advances in science and technology for the benefit of all.
Technology has become an integral part of modern medicine. Solving methodological and technical challenges in medical diagnosis and therapy is our mission, with the ultimate goal of improving quality of life in each individual.
As such, we
- develop advanced technologies for future medical diagnosis and therapies,
- investigate their physical principles and physiological mechanisms,
- push the frontiers in multi-disciplinary and translational research,
- provide continuous high-level education and advanced training,
- collaborate with national and international academic and industrial institutions, and
- provide a hub for innovation within the Medical University of Vienna and beyond, while
- consciously utilizing available resources.
Medical Additive Manufacturing: innovation at the interface between digital and physical worlds
Modern medicine offers a wide range of high-tech solutions for the treatment of sick people: smart implants and prostheses, innovative surgical tools and techniques. However, since no two people are alike, these methods are sometimes not as effective as they could be, especially when treating small children or in advanced surgery with minimally invasive access in focus. Medical Additive Manufacturing aims at bringing the future of medicine towards truly “tailor-made” patient care, by allowing manufacturing of smarter implants and enable enhanced implantation techniques, that adapt to the patient anatomy and surrounding tissue biomechanics and function.
- Pre-operative Planning & Education
- Phantoms for Medical Imaging
- Macro and Microstructures & Devices
- Medical Device Design for Clinical Applications
Gunpreet Oberoi is speaker at the 2022 edition of the 3D Dental Printing Conference.